The Linksys LRT224 is a Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router. It supports site-to-site VPN, which allow branch offices to connect with the central office, and client-to-site VPN, for employees to securely connect back to their offices while they are away. The Dual-WAN model supports WAN Failover, which allows a business to continue its network operation when one (1) of its WAN connections to the Internet fails.
- Open VPN Server Support - allows open VPN clients running on employees’ laptops, smartphones, and tablets to connect to the offices using two-factory authentication.
- WAN Failover - allows a business to continue its network operation when one (1) of its WAN connections to the Internet fails.
- Dual-WAN Load Balancing - the Dual-WAN VPN Router can switch the bandwidths of both WAN connections to achieve a higher Internet bandwidth than what a single WAN connection can provide.
- Integrated firewall - supports web filtering and access rules that allow the administrator to further regulate traffic within the business network based on the services (i.e. TCP/UDP ports) and source/destination IP addresses.
- 802.1q (VLAN tagging) - provides separation between resources in different SSIDs/VLANs. With inter-VLAN routing, the products allow specified traffic to traverse between VLANs. In order to work in different environments as ISPs transition from IPv4 to IPv6 in their access networks, the products support dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 as well as transition technologies such as 6 to 4.
- Intuitive Web Admistrative Interface - allows small business owners to remotely configure and manage the router.